We invited a round table of experts on the latest PR, Done & Doner podcast to explore the state of buzz, funding and innovation in insurtech:
- David Gritz, co-founder of InsurTech NY, the largest such community in North America that connects carriers, investors and startups.
- Mark Hollmer, a veteran journalist who has covered the property/casualty insurance industry for more than a decade.
- Layla Atya, serial insurtech entrepreneur; serves as CEO of Quantumerge, the first and only transactional liability MGA for small transactions; and founder and CEO of Zala Technology, an insurance developer for tech companies and tech developer for insurance companies.
It was an informative and wide ranging conversation around these questions and others.
- The state of Insurtech – what it is, why it matters, where is it today?
- How have insurtechs been coping in light of reduced funding, and other economic stresses?
- What are VCs looking for?
- How is the playing field different today vs. a few years ago?
- Which technologies are hot, what’s next?
- What are the best PR tactics for insurtech startups?
Mark Hollmer shared best practices for pitching insurance journalists. The panelists agreed on the number one secret for startup success. Call it the “Ty Sagalow” effect. Why not listen to the podcast or check out the video to learn more?
Thanks, panelists, for joining and sharing your insight!