I enjoyed speaking with PR blogger Frank Strong (of Sword & the Script fame) about the state of PR tech, for the PR, Done & Doner podcast (here’s a video of the interview).
The PR job of has never been more challenging. Tech can help, but it is not always easy to know where to invest. Agencies need to decide how much to spend and how to earn ROI from their tech investments. Ideally, it helps them up their game without excessive fee impact. Internal PR teams also rely on PR tech.
So check out the podcast as Frank does a great job of covering a complex and diverse arena in less than 45 minutes. He is an authority, and is often doing reviews, roundups and vendor briefings (see below for some examples).
He speaks in detail on the topics and others:
- The latest and greatest, from the incumbents and challengers
- Where to invest for best results
- How to DIY with free tools
- The impact of AI and NLP
- Areas for improvement
Thanks again Frank, for coming on the podcast and sharing your expertise.
Additional Resources from Sword & the Script
- 9 Corporate Characteristics to Look for When Buying Public Relations Software
- The PR Technology Landscape 2022
8 Innovations in Public Relations Technology to Watch
- The Making of Cision: A Brief History of 18 M&A Transactions that Consolidated a Sizable Chunk of the PR Tech Market into One Company
Examples of Frank’s Briefings and Reviews
- A Look at the Media Monitoring Tool Truescope is Bringing to the U.S. [PR Tech Briefing]
- Muck Rack Aims to be an All-in-One PR Tech Platform for Media Contacts, Outreach and Monitoring [PR Tech Briefing]
- Notified by Intrado is a Promising PR Software Tool that Supports 5 Central Duties in Public Relations [PR Tech Briefing]
- How Cision Impact is Bringing Earned Media Attribution and Retargeting to Public Relations [PR Tech Briefing]
- The Updated Media Monitoring Module by Agility PR Solutions is a Solid Tool for the Price Point [Product Review]
- Prezly is CRM for PR that’s Built on an Online Newsroom [PR Tech Briefing]
- Onclusive Provides PR with Attribution Capabilities and Promises Novel Approach to Distribution [PR Tech Briefing]