You Don’t Need a CMO invited us to host a seminar earlier this month about PR tips for blockchain initiatives. The recorded session, called Thinking Out of the Block ran on YouTube and is also share above in this post.
- What is blockchain? A distributed decentralized network, database or ledger
- Agenda: We focused on the state of buzz in blockchain space, a case study, the new rules in PR, how to attain PR and branding success for your venture.
- Where is blockchain now?
- Gartner Group, leading IT advisory and market research in enterprise tech published a Hype Cycle report that showed blockchain is in the trough of disillusionment
- Blockchains rose with the growth and excitement of crypto and bitcoin,
- The space is still relevant; it will take longer for mass adoption
- BlockSafe technology was the first to market for solutions that protect crypto wallets
- We got attention and media coverage by busting the myth that blockchains are inherently secure.
- It is a street fight for attention even in this industry
- Journalists mostly don’t care about your news because of all the pitches, noise and challenges of their jobs.
- Success means not getting mired in tech for tech’s sake, thinking outside the ‘block’
- Immutable Laws of Marketing and PR
- Focus on long term brand building
- Sharpen targets
- Connect with needs
- Be interesting and relevant
- Tap content, social, influencers
- Understand the user