- Erik Akterin, Co-founder & CTO of
- Matt Harris, founder of Bloom Credit
- Cliff Hazelton, CTO at STASH
Hoffman,Sr. Advisor at Republic
It was a super-interesting group of ventures, plus, it was great to hear from Nekesha Woods, who works for one of the giants and also did a
The brief descriptions are inadequate, as each
Over the course of an hour, the panel discussed some of the unique challenges of launching and growing a
Here are some of the observations and takeaways, regarding marketing, and other aspects of building a fintech:
Qapitalgot great results with Product Hunt. They also tapped word of mouth and press coverage. App store and Google reviews helped.
- Caroline Hoffman said that building a marketplace is not easy. Republic had to get creative, tap
FOMO,and encouraged featured startups to bring in investors. Republic leveraged their partnership with AngelList ,and made it easy for new members to invite their networks via LinkedIn. They used Facebook to test their messaging.
- STASH used Facebook to get feedback, organic referrals, and employed street teams and growth hacks. There was a need for education, as people are more used to traditional banks.
- Bloom is a B2B, but it helped to frame their messaging from an end-user POV.
- Most eschewed paid advertising