As I point out in the article, PR has generally been more about words than pictures. Given the growing use of imagery in content and story telling, however, it seems natural that we should embrace the trend and seek to master visual info.
At Fusion PR our main focus is tech. Infographics seem like a natural fit for tech since they can be used to simplify complex topics and present dense info and mumbers in an easy-to-understand way.
I thought I would share below some resources and articles about infographics that I kicked around with my team here. Hopefully others will find these useful too.
- 10 Tools for Creating Great Infographics – Social Networking Librarian (thanks Hannan!)
- Great Tools to Create Infographics – RIch Greenwood's Storify (thanks Hannan!)
- 10 Awesome Free Tools to Make Infographics – Make Use Of (thanks Victoria!)
- Visual.ly, Infog.ram, PiktoChart – Carole's picks
- How PR Pros can use Infographics to Tell a Story – BusinessWired blog (thanks Kelsey!)